- Cours (CM) 24h
- Cours intégrés (CI) -
- Travaux dirigés (TD) -
- Travaux pratiques (TP) -
- Travail étudiant (TE) 48h
Langue de l'enseignement : Français
Description du contenu de l'enseignement
This course examines the legal and regulatory environment associated with conducting business across national borders including international trade and commercial transactions. The goal of this course is to provide a foundation and framework for understanding the national, multilateral and international legal issues confronted by the multinational enterprise (MNE). Legal topics will be explored in the context of their impact on managerial decision making and business strategy and include: international trade, mechanisms for effectively resolving international business disputes, legal issues impacting market entry and expansion strategies (trade, intellectual property licensing, and foreign direct investment), regulation of the market place and compliance.
Compétences à acquérir
After completing this course the students should:
- Understand key legal principles impacting international business transactions.
- Know how to locate and utilize authoritative Internet base resources readily available to business people for key legal and regulatory information.
- Know how to negotiate and draft an international contract for the sale of goods that takes into consideration legal and regulatory risk.
- Recognize and understand legal risk and regulatory differences at various stages in the international supply chain.
- Understand the legal implications of business decisions and the business implications of legal decisions in the context of a contract for the international sale of goods.